Anaconda Error

Miguel A. Mota Jr. yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 4 16:24:04 2003

Dear Yellow Dog Linux Mailing List,

>I was getting a simular error when trying to install YellowDog while I had
>a UNIX native File system. I Re-Partitioned the drive using the MacOSX CD.
>I used a standard MacOS Primary. Tried the reinstall and all went well.

    Hi all, I two days new to the mailing list and the quest to put Linux on
my G3 (new to Macs as well).  Anyhow I just tried yesterday to install
Yellow Dog Linux 2.2 on my G3 (300MHz, CD-ROM, and 64MB RAM), which was
given to me bare and I up-ed to 256MB Ram & 10GB HDD, but during
installation at partitioning it gives me error about MS-DOS partitions.  I
fdisked the drive before hand (on another PC) and removed all partitions
because it was originally windows and I want it only y.d. Linux on it (since
I don't have a copy of OS/curiosity) for my cluster.  I explain what
happened and what I was trying to do to the head tech at my high school, and
he told me that it has to with the boot rom only being able to boot Mac OS
(and something about track 0).  He said I'd have to install a copy of Mac OS
first and then Linux, which Mac OS will then give me the multi-boot option.
Not sure if this is true (I've only used Macs for a year, strictly in my
Web-based Graphic Design class), but I guess reading above it could be?  Can
anyone confirm/reject this and advise me?  Thanks to all for your time.

Miguel A. Mota Jr.
Chaos325@Netzero.net
Juggernaut Cluster Team Leader
http://wwhsstc.seul.org/jc/