ATI Rage support

Charles McCallum yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 4 22:52:01 2003

--Apple-Mail-7--827861179

Hi there,

Robert did a lot of the legwork for B&W G3s in the day.  There were a
lot of issues with the kernel back then, but they have all been
resolved as a B&W is old news now.  I just this week put 3.0 on two B&W
G3s without a hitch (well, not really, but as far as the r128 goes, all
was well).  I didn't have to pass any kernel args to get it to work,
but the default device in
/etc/X11/XF86Config was "FBdev" not "r128".

Here is my working XF86Config for 24-bit, 1280x1024.  Notice that I
have a Studio Display, so you may have to change that bit --- use
whatever the Xautoconfig gave you in your own XF86Config.

Cheers,

Mike
====

--Apple-Mail-7--827861179

# XFree86 4 configuration created by redhat-config-xfree86

Section "ServerLayout"

	#
	Identifier     "Anaconda Configured"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"

# The location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
# no need to change the default.
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.
	RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
	FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "fbdevhw"
	#Load  "dri"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "record"
	Load  "freetype"
	Load  "type1"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

#	Option	"AutoRepeat"	"500 5"
# when using XQUEUE, comment out the above line, and uncomment the
# following line
#	Option	"Protocol"	"Xqueue"
# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
#	Option	"Xleds"		"1 2 3"
# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
#	Option	"XkbDisable"
# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
#	Option	"XkbModel"	"pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
#	Option	"XkbModel"	"microsoft"
#
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#	Option	"XkbLayout"	"de"
# or:
#	Option	"XkbLayout"	"de"
#	Option	"XkbVariant"	"nodeadkeys"
#
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
#	Option	"XkbOptions"	"ctrl:swapcaps"
	#Option	"XkbOptions"	""
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"