Sirius: Extreme slowness on iBook

Miguel Garcia yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 5 07:53:01 2003

I had this problem under 2.3.  I do not however have the problem in 3.
I am running a dual boot G3 Pismo @ 400 MHz but with 512 MB ram.  I have
a base install of OS 10.2 and Development install of YDL.  Open Office
is always slow on the initial boot up.  Subsequent boots should work
fine.  My recommendation is for you to increase your ram as it sounds
like it is the issue.   This is the one thing I changed on my Pismo
before upgrading to 3.  It has helping immensely.  Do a ps -ax on the
command line to see if there is an open PID for Mozilla.  If there is
then kill it and restart.