login anomalies after updating YDL 3.0

Derick Centeno yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 5 10:06:01 2003

In addition to the difficulties I explained earlier regarding cups and
pring config surprising new inability to remember where the printer is
located there is also the added annoyance of the Kudzu application being
invoked by an unknown sequence although there has been no change in the
hardward configuration.  Kudzu shows up insisting there has been a
change and proceeds a countdown which I cannot then stop via the
keyboard.  Indeed if I allow Kudzu to proceed the hardware component
invariably missing will be the keyboard!!

The only solution I have found is to interfere with the Kudzu countdown
by suddenly shutting down everything and restarting again.  Really bad
on the HDs but I don't see another choice, because although the prompts
for a way out are there < F12>, etc, for some reason my keyboard is
completely ignored by Kudzu.  My keyboard is an ADB (old standard)
device, I don't see how that could be missed...

I really hope I don't discover anything else...
Looking forward to a reply.  Thanks for your efforts. Derick.