Adding a SCSI CD-ROM

Rob Brandt yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 9 19:38:01 2003

What are the proper steps to add a SCSI CDR drive to a Beige G3 running under
YDL 2.2?

I assumed that I would simply connect the hardware and then add a line to fstab,
but I did this and when YDL tries to load I get an error:

scsi: device set offline - command error recover failed: host 1 channel 0 id 2 lun 0

This repeats for every id that isn't already in use (2-6).

I know the scsi system itself is working as I already have a scsi hard drive
connected and running.  I've verified that the scsi IDs already in use are 1 &
7, and I set the CDR to 2.

TIA

Rob