Rev A imac (in a marathon rack mount case) video problem with ydl 3.0

Eric Putz yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 12 13:01:01 2003

I am trying to install YDL onto a rev a imac which has been put into a
marathon rack mount case (so the monitor has been removed...)

The install goes fine (using text only), but it hangs up when loading
kernel on reboot.

Just sits there - nothing more.

I can get it to boot up just fine from the install CD using linux-safe
root=/dev/hda...

Which calls yaboot with novideo, but adding novideo to the yaboot.conf
on the actual system does not work. Trying vmode:6 doesn't do anything
either. Same results.

What is the difference when booting from the CD, or the drive?

The default append="video=ofonly" does the same as all above...

Has anyone gotten this to work?

Help?

Thanks!

eric.