PHP and MySQL

Neben Kabon yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 12 14:28:01 2003

I am having difficulty connecting to MySQL from PHP using the .php and
.sql files that I originally created and were working OK on my Red Hat
7.3 machine.

When I tried transferring them to YDL 3.0 and after creating the MySQL
database from the .sql files, my php scripts appear to die at the point
of making connection and I am getting no response at that point.

I have been able to create a MySQL database from my .sql files O.K and
can view the database OK in mysql.

I am working from a standard desktop installation of YDL 3.0 with MySQL
and web servers added.

How can I tell if php is configured correctly to work with mysql?

PHP does appear to be working, just not connecting to MySQL.

Tony K.