Any ideas? on a processer hardware hack?

James A. Ricken yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jun 13 15:53:01 2003

Hello people
My name is Jim,and I have been playing around with a mac 6500 that has a=20
newertech maxpowr g3 400MHz processor installed and I can't believe it,bu=
t I=20
got Yellowdoglinux 3.0 to boot off the new processor.
But I have one problem with it .
The processor will go all the way to where it's loading the panel on KDE =
then=20
it will freeze.
I also tryed it on Gnome,it will go all the way past loading the panel,bu=
t it=20
will not load anything  else .It freezes leaving me with just the yellowd=
og=20
blue background on my desktop.
I sure wish I could get the bugs worked out because the dog screams with =
the=20
new proc installed.
Any help would be appreciated
Jim