Ftp corruption

senn yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jun 13 22:58:01 2003

I'm running YDL 3.0 and vsftpd for my ftp needs. But the one problem I'm
having is that all the gifs/jpegs I upload to my server are corrupt when I
download them.

I've made sure that I'm transferring the files in binary mode, as opposed to
ascii, and it even says they're being transferred in binary mode. The
problem is when I download the images to my machine whether it be mac or pc,
they're distorted, or they won't even come up at all.

I've tried using Transmit, as well as the terminal to download/upload files
with the mac and smartftp to download/upload files with the pc. I still end
up with corrupt images. So I'm thinking it has something to do with vsftpd.

In the vsftpd.conf file I've commented out ascii_upload_enable and
ascii_download_enable, so everything should be in binary. I've also made
sure all ftp programs were transferring files in binary mode.

Anybody have an idea of what little thing I'm probably doing wrong? I'm new
so go easy on me.

Thanks for your time,
senn