3.1 soon?

Neben Kabon yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 16 13:45:01 2003

I like YDL 3.0, but ordering the CD's took some time.  I placed my
ordered for CD's on the first day they accepted orders. I ordered with a
check via snail mail.  I received my CD's (some weeks later), the day
that the ISO's were released on the internet.  So this method of
ordering was not any faster than if I had waited for the ISO's in the
first place.

The other alternative was to pay for the YDL.net service, which I am
sure was not smooth going at first by the posts I read on this list.  I
read a lot of complaints.  Perhaps they have the bugs ironed out now?
Personally, I don't like paying a monthly subscription fee.

YDL follows RedHat releases from what I understand, but since YDL 3.0
was so close to RH 9.0's release and has much of the latest software, it
might be a while until we see YDL 3.1.  Certainly after RH 9.1?

Estimated release dates:

Red Hat 7.3	5/6/2002
YDL 2.3		6/23/2002

Red Hat 8.0	9/30/2002