aic7xxx driver

bruce yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 16 16:24:01 2003

Hey Matt:
I have a G3 B&W with the Adaptec 2940U2B card and two Quantum U160
drives.  YDL30 works fine with them.  In YDL30 the SCSI drivers now
compile as modules.  Since my system requires SCSI to boot I had to
create an initrd file that insures that the AIC7xxx driver loads from
yaboot when the kernel is loaded into memory.  See:
http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Kernel-HOWTO/create_initrd.html
for instructions on building your own initrd file.  If you re-compiled
the kernel don't forget to 'make modules_install' to get the driver
copied to the correct /lib dir.

Hope this helps,
Bruce