SCSI disk errors in dmesg

Madhusudan Katti yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 17 09:49:01 2003

Hi,

I just noticed several SCSI error messages during the boot process,
although everything seems to work fine otherwise. dmesg shows about half
a dozen entries like the following, at several points during the boot
process:

SCSI disk error : host 1 channel 0 id 0 lun 0 return code = 8000000
Current sd08:06: sense key Aborted Command
 I/O error: dev 08:06, sector 5620744

Every instance is identical to the above except for the sector number,
and in one case it says "sense key none" instead of "aborded command".
They all refer to the same dev, one of two internal ones in this system.

Any ideas what this means? How worried should I be about the hard drive?

BTW, my system is a G3 upgraded PMac 8500, 360 MB RAM, with two internal
scsi drives, 18GB and 5.4GB.

thanks,
Madhu