trouble booting OSX and now Linux

Damian Smith yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 18 05:52:01 2003

Hello Dan,
I just installed ydl on my ibook and I could not get OSX to boot. I
realized while trying to load MOL that I had told the installer the
wrong partition.  So I went into the yaboot.conf file and changed the
line for OSX to the right partition.  But is still did not work.  So I
thought maybe the issue with pdisk was the problem, so I upgraded it,
and when I was going through the howto that you wrote for updating
pdisk, and when I got to the part where partition 1 is supposed to be
wrong in saying Apple_bootstrap my partition 1 already had the correct
Apple_partition_map but partition 9 had the other Apple_bootstrap, and
that is where I think bootstrapping was taking place, but I changed it
to Apple_partition_map wrote it closed the program and tried to load MOL
so see if it could load OSX now but it still could not.  So I rebooted.
When I did I saw an icon of a folder with a ? on it, and then OSX just
started booting, so I have OSX booting again, but I no longer have the
ability to boot linux.  Could you please tell me what I did wrong and
how to fix it so I can boot Linux or OSX from yaboot, at this point I am
not even seeing yaboot, just the crazy "? folder" icon and then OSX is
booting.