re: PowerComputing Clone with CD-ROM issues on YDL Install

Larson, Timothy E. yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 18 09:19:00 2003

Seth,

I had a similar problem the other day with installing 2.3 on my G3/300.
I have IDE drives whereas I'm pretty sure your clone uses SCSI, so this may not be helpful.
What I ended up doing was changing either the CD or the HD from master to slave.
(I don't recally exactly how I ended up.
I just kept changing them until a combination worked.)
This allowed it to "see" the CD in the drive.
I don't understand why I had to do this, because I think they are on different busses anyway.
If the MacOS can see it, you should have all the SCSI bus/ID/termination issues OK.
But that's kind of what I thought in my situation too.

Tim

--
Tim Larson     <><   <><   <><   <><   <><     OL 4-131-2
Info. Services - Internal Medicine Clinical Systems, Mayo Clinic, Rochester