RE: PowerComputing Clone with CD-ROM issues on YDL Install

Larson, Timothy E. yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 18 09:41:00 2003

Seth,

Oh boy, now you're getting beyond my bailiwick.
I've only ever run into one SCSI problem (putting a larger drive into an external case, still in pieces because I couldn't get it working) so I can't say I'm an expert on that.
I can only suggest double-checking your bus and device IDs with SCSIProbe or something like that from the MacOS side.
The little I know (and can recall) does say that the final device on the chain is the one you terminate.
The MacOS may be more "relaxed" in checking these things than Linux, I don't know for sure.
I know some devices are self-terminating, so you don't need an additional terminator.
I don't know if lacking one you do need, or having one you don't need, is damaging though.
Do some googling for SCSI termination issues, see if anything pops out at you.

Tim

--
Tim Larson     <><   <><   <><   <><   <><     OL 4-131-2
Info. Services - Internal Medicine Clinical Systems, Mayo Clinic, Rochester