yellowdog-general digest, Vol 1 #923 - Mess 3; yum

Derick Centeno yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 18 13:20:00 2003

Dan: I read your comments regarding yum; I thought it was a typo until I
found yum mentioned as a real app.  Anyway I just tried it out and the
app reported serious errors and complaints regarding a corrupted or
incomplete header and then it quit with a truly cute and meaningful
statement (something is wrong), I don't know whether someone was merely
trying to relieve their or another's anxiety or whether it is really a
helpful clue.  Any here is the actual sequence which occurred in my
terminal window:

[root@arakus aguila]# yum update
Gathering package information from servers
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 base
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Damaged Header
/var/cache/yum/updates/headers/httpd-devel-0-2.0.40-21.3a.ppc.hdrgetting
/var/cache/yum/updates/headers/httpd-devel-0-2.0.40-21.3a.ppc.hdr
ERROR: Url Return no Content-Length  - something is wrong
[root@arakus aguila]# yum upgrade
Gathering package information from servers
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 base
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Damaged Header
/var/cache/yum/updates/headers/httpd-devel-0-2.0.40-21.3a.ppc.hdrgetting
/var/cache/yum/updates/headers/httpd-devel-0-2.0.40-21.3a.ppc.hdr
ERROR: Url Return no Content-Length  - something is wrong
[root@arakus aguila]# exit

I got the above by merely copy and pasting between the terminal window
and the Ximian email application.  I'd like to know how to do the same
thing however using traditional Unix/Linux commands.  That is, get data
from the terminal stream, copy it and send it into the Ximian email as
an attachment.

In any case, you should know of that this problem exists.

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 11:42,