ydl-g] Re: apt-get/yum (was Re: yellowdog-general digest, Vol 1 #923 - Mess 3; yum)

Charles McCallum yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 18 22:37:00 2003

As an addendum:  'yum clean headers' did absolutely nothing for me.  I
tried deleting any header(s) it complained about, but I still get this
sort of thing:

Gathering package information from servers
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 base
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 update
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
getting
/var/cache/yum/updates/headers/httpd-manual-0-2.0.40-21.3a.ppc.hdr
ERROR: Url Return no Content-Length  - something is wrong

Does this mean it is a problem at my end or at ftp.yellowdoglinux.com?
That is what is not clear to me.  I'm not having any problems using a
browser to access this URL at any time.

Cheers,

Mike

--