PowerComputing Clone with CD-ROM issues on YDL Install

Ramsey French yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jun 20 08:44:01 2003

On 6/20/03 12:26 AM, "Seth Dimbert" <seth@dimbert.net> wrote:

> Just an update; I've re-formatted all three of my HDD's and started the 3.0
> install over from scratch. No matter what I try, the YDL Installer says it
> can't see the CDROM Drive.
>

> Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
>
> Help?

Try unplugging the SCSI connector from the 2nd and 3rd HDD's and unplug any
misc SCSI devices from the chain - leave the MacOS drive and the CD drive on
the chain.  See if the CD is recognized.  If it is, then add one SCSI device
and repeat until you find the device messing things up.  One of the devices
may have an internal terminator that needs to be removed/adjusted.