Re: PowerComputing Clone with CD-ROM issues on YD L Install

Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jun 20 09:29:01 2003

Hi Seth

May be you should remove some RAM.

I experienced problems installing and running YDL 3 with to much RAM.
Maybe a RAM slot is not working 100% properly or interleaving caused
the problem, don't know by now exactly.

But with much RAM the installer broke down immediately and
misteriously. With less RAM all went fine.

Maybe your problem is caused by bad RAM. So give it a try.

If you do not have the CD-ROM inserted when booting into the installer
(not mounted under Mac OS), doesn't it ask you to choose your install
method in a text mode window and then prompt for the CD-ROM? - This
avoids incompatibilites between the Mac OS and the Linux CD-ROM driver
when using BootX to boot after Mac OS has loaded.

Good luck!

Thomas