Which .config to make new kernel?

mamonbbux yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jun 20 16:18:01 2003

Sakari Aaltonen a écrit:
> 'make bzImage', in fact, creates the file called 'vmlinux'.

are you sure ? if yes, ok it's something I won't forget.

> If I do 'make xconfig' on a PC, it loads the .config in /usr/src/linux
> without me having to do a 'load configuration from file'

schkrogneugneu, I don't understand why a pc... but if this not-a-mac
doesn't want to let you free to choose, well you could play with it:
# first, mv .config to old-config
# then mv YOUR .config-perso to .config

> By the way, YDL 3.0 doesn't seem to include the directory
> '/usr/src/linux'. There is only '/usr/src/linuc-2.4'. I wonder why.

no no, it's not an including linux, it's a link you have to make
---> cd /usr/src
---> ln -s linux-2.4.20-8d linux
and after you check : [root@bbux root]# cd /usr/src/
[root@bbux src]# ls -l
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root   root   15 jun  3 00:25 linux -> linux-2.4.20-8d
drwxr-xr-x   15 root   root  4096 jun  5 17:28 linux-2.4.20-8d

>>>http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/kernels.shtml
>
> This brings up an interesting point. If O use 'mozilla' to go to
> http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions, I can't navigate.

if you have problem with this long link, just go to YDL'home and ask the
search YDL_engine: "compile kernel (pliz;o)"

or... YDL_home -> support -> howtos -> general howtos /at the very end

+++++++++++++++ wallstreet mouse adb + usb ++++++++++++++++

I've re-compiled kernel and made changes on XF86Config and
/etc/sysconfig/mouse . and after two reboot's it's confirmed :
-> I've got it, the 2 mice at the same time !

I'm going to stop wallstreet now, and as soon as I can fix whatever is
wrong for the adsl-connek, I'd be able to send directly from this
powerbook the mice details... if somebody needs them.

here from G3_blanblou, it's not easy. Anyway, it's late enough and
blanblou is going to shutdown -h pretty soon, two.

bonne nuit !
--
~~~~
<:o)