Cannot make modules

Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 22 08:38:01 2003

Hi Bruce

The working directory (where the kernel source have to reside) should
be /usr/src/linux not /usr/src/linux-2.x . You can create a symbolic
link to the linux-2.x directory.

Then use xconfig to load the desired configuration file and hit "Save
and Exit". All should compile well now.

Dont' type "make vmlinux", simply type "make" instead. It will work and
create a new kernel, a new System.map file.

Then make modules as instructed by the YDL Howto "Howto recompile a
kernel".

Good luck,

Thomas