Tungsten C and YDL

Hannu Rajaniemi yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 22 12:07:01 2003

My first post to the list, greetings!

I was wondering if anybody has any experience with USB syncing a machine
running YDL 3.0 with any of Palm's Tungsten series PDAs. I've consulted
various howtos but my efforts to get it working with my iBook and shiny
new Tungsten C have been unsuccesful so far. I can't seem to get
/dev/pilot to point to the right device - which should be /dev/ttyUSB1,
according to the pilot-link mailing list, i.e:

http://lists.pilot-link.org/pipermail/pilot-link-general/2003-May/001053.html

When I press the hotsync button, tail -f /var/log/messages produces the
following:

Jun 22 18:59:23 localhost kernel: hub.c: new USB device 10:18.0-1,
assigned address 13
Jun 22 18:59:23 localhost kernel: usb.c: USB device 13 (vend/prod
0x830/0x60) is not claimed by any active driver.
Jun 22 18:59:26 localhost /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: ... no modules for USB
product 830/60/100

I did modprobe visor earlier, but that didn't help. Does this mean that I
have to recompile kernel with a patch for visor with support for the
Tungsten series? Has anybody done this? Also, the gnome-pilot, pilot-link
etc. that come with the 3.0 distribution do not seem to be the most recent
ones. Does anybody know of more up-to-date PPC rpms for these?

Any help and accounts of similar experiences would be much
appreciated.

thanks,

- Hannu Rajaniemi

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before.