Can't Configure Network - SOLUTION! redhat-network-config / neat / airport+ydl3.0

Les Bowen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 23 23:37:01 2003

I'm not sure how many out there are still looking for a solution this one.

I have seen a number of posts with the problem of not being able to config
the network using redhat-config-network. This fix only applies to users of
wireless cards (ie the original Airport). Users of Airport Extreme are
still out of luck (check the compatibility before you buy).

Found the problem, and solution.

See
http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2003-May/007837.html

I had to add the line to the ifcfg-eth1 files in both
/etc/sysconfig/networking and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

Then I ran Redhat-Network-Config (aka neat) and everything is great.

Regards,

LKB