YDL 3.0 on B&W G3 - CD won't boot

Phil yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 24 12:56:01 2003

Well, I was able to track down some 650MB media today and burned the
ISO.  CD "still" will not boot.

Is it possible to do a HD install of YDL 3.0?  If so, how?  Any help is
greatly appreciated!

I was able to do a HD install using 2.3 by  putting yaboot in the
system folder of OS9, telling OF to boot hd:,\\yaboot and editing
yaboot.conf to look at the hard drive, not the cd.

When I try the same method to install 3.0 it complains that it's not an
Apple_Bootstrap partition and the install fails.  I'm "tempted" to try
to use pdisk and and change the partition type...

Thanks,

Phil