How to configure ppp0 for ADSL ?

Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 24 14:03:01 2003

Hello Charles

IMHO you need a valid configuration for your eth0 interface, where ppp0
has to be bound to. The device does not need to get activated on boot.

Most easy way is using the network configuration tool from within KDE
(somewhere in the menus, simply look for it).

With this tool you can add an xDSL interface (results in ppp0) and you
may activate or deactivate it therefrom.

This worked for me.

If you need, I can post my infconfig output and configuration files
later (am not on my Linuxbox right now).

Hope, this helps,

Thomas