installer stops installproces halfway during install

loek apestaartje cliffhanger punt com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 26 03:47:01 2003

hi all

i have a problem when installing YDL 3.0 on my 9600
i downloaded the 3.0 version from FTP and a friend burned it with osX.

now i can run the installer and everything, but when it comes to the point where it should install the files of "X-free<blabla something> libs" it just stops.
Well it halts and does nothing for a day and a night, and after that i switched of the mac because i am not THAT patient (btw, i didn't sit next to the mac watching the screen all the time, but i am quite certain nothing exiting happened during the time of absense)

On the YDL website i saw that i should try to take out my PCI cards and install and put them back in later. Now here comes the big trick: I need all my pci cards to install YDL (1x ATA for my harddrive, 1x usb for my mouse, 1x graphics for well i guess you'll get the idea)

Could it also be a problem with the CD that can be solved by burning a new one on a lower speed?

thanks a great deal!

loek
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup