PowerBook G3 Lombard: No cursor at the console!

mike newman yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jun 27 11:33:01 2003

possibly the default colour for the cursor is the same as the background?
you could always try the following in your .emacs file ( i like red...)

	(set-cursor-color "red")

if it works, then you really do have a cursor, just that your login shell
does something strange with the colours. if not, then .... ?

i use emacs under ydl 2.3 on a wallstreet (slightly older than yours), so
there shouldn't be a compatibility problem.

mike

ps. this is probably irrelevant, but you shouldn't need to say
	% emacs .emacs
as it should find the .emacs file itself. it should suffice to do
	% emacs