[HELP] YDL Installed OK - But Can't Boot Back to OSX!

bruce woller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 28 16:51:01 2003

On Saturday, June 28, 2003, at 05:13  PM, Mark Srebnik wrote:

> Any suggestions anyone??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark
> Really Frustrated Mac User

Really Frustrated:

To fix your problem:

Step1:  Select shutdown from whatever system you are in.
Step2: Go to the kitchen and fix yourself a nice cup of Tension Tamer
Tea.
Step3: Go to the deck and enjoy your tea while your assess your
computer's state.
Step4: Boot YellowDog and log in as root.
Step5: Type exactly (no quotes)  'pdisk -l'
Step5: Cut the entire output and post back to the list so our resident
disk format expert Natalie can have a look.
Step6: Wait for a response.
Step7: If you can't wait, a possibility is to boot your OS 9 install CD
and use that system to copy your important files to a safe place. (If
your trackball doesn't work when booted from the install CD then you
have a hardware problem)

The reason I make these suggestions is that it appears that the list is
thrashing trying to figure out the problem but information keeps
wiggling.  I, for one am unable to follow all the  permutations of what
the hardware state is and what systems are installed where.  Just a
suggestion.

Regards,
Bruce