[HELP] YDL Installed OK - But Can't Boot Back to OSX!

ron yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 30 07:17:02 2003

I think that at this point I would turn to the OS X install CD and boot
from it. I would then fire up the Disk Utility and go to the First Aid
tab. Select the drive with the OS X install on it and run the Verify
Disk. It definitely can't hurt to do that and see what it says.

Depending on what it says I would be tempted to run the Repair Disk
part of First Aid to see if the data on the drive is recoverable. I am
thinking that since the drive used to be the Master drive, that it is
"lost" and maybe First Aid can help it.

You should be able to put the OS X drive in all by itself after
jumpering it to Master once again and recover your data that way. Then
you can put the system back to the way it is now and reinstall OS X or
run Repair Disk without fear of losing data.

Good luck,

-Ron