no @

Natalia Portillo yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 30 12:08:01 2003

Ok.

It is a well known problem, very known, very uncorrected.
It assumes that all keyboards are PC ones.
That is.

Ctrl, Win, Alt, Alt-Gr (on non-english keyboards), Win, Contextual,
Ctrl.

Ok, but things are different.

Here, in Macs, is:
Ctrl, Option, Command, Command, Option, Ctrl.

But, Linux assumes following "mapping":
Ctrl, Alt, Unmmaped, Unmmaped, Alt-Gr, Ctrl.

Ok in Mac laptopts there is no right command, nor option, nor ctrl.
So this incorrect "mapping" doesnt' work, but as no one corrected that.

In Mac writing @ is as simply as any-option+2, in PC is Alt-Gr+2, but
ok, laptops doesnt have "alt-gr".

Please, correct.

tinfo/yellowdog-general