What is up yellowdog buddies?

Jonathan C. Sitte yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Mar 4 04:03:01 2003

How are things with the yellowdog users? Just wanted to see how people are enjoying their experience with yellowdoglinnux. What would you like to see as in packages in yellowdog in the future? What would you like to see in 3.0? Are there a things that are not included that you would like? Is 2.3 starting to feel out of date? How many people want KDE 3.1? What about the latest GNOME and GTK2? What about catagories as in multimedia and such? Would you like to see more packages in the contrib section of apt? I am was thinking that an online package database would be nice. Like the one that the fink project uses.

http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/index.php

What do you think of that idea? I was thinking it would be nice to have a stable and unstable section too. Then people can add packages to the unstable until they get approved but while they are being tested other people as in us can test them out too. I think that this would be the best way to get flush out packages avaible to the yellow dog distro.

Let me know your opinions ASAP.

If you would like to have such a database then we need to work as a team and create such a thing.

That is it for now.

jcsitte
http://www.linuxmail.org/