What is up yellowdog buddies?

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Mar 4 06:32:01 2003

Quoting "Jonathan C. Sitte" <jcsitte@linuxmail.org>:

> How are things with the yellowdog users? Just wanted to see how people
> are enjoying their experience with yellowdoglinnux. What would you like
> to see as in packages in yellowdog in the future? What would you like to
> see in 3.0? Are there a things that are not included that you would
> like? Is 2.3 starting to feel out of date? How many people want KDE 3.1?
> What about the latest GNOME and GTK2? What about catagories as in
> multimedia and such? Would you like to see more packages in the contrib
> section of apt? I am was thinking that an online package database would
> be nice. Like the one that the fink project uses.

Hey Jonathan,

I like YDL quite a bit. I think 2.3 is starting to feel a bit dated and
additional packages in contrib for both 2.3 and 3.0 would be a good thing.
Although with 3.0 not out yet, it's hard to say what I'd like to see
which isn't included. I'm looking forward to 3.0 which hopefully will be
out soon. Is the YDL website redesign an omen? :). I know there are updates
I'd like to have available (tcl/tk 8.4, mysql 3.2.55. etc) but these very
well may be included in 3.0 when released. I think rpms for KDE 3.1 and
Gnome 2.2 for YDL 2.3 would be nice. I installed 3.1 on my Wallstreet with
konstruct, which aside from the compile time was pretty painless. The more
updated packages available the better. I'm willing to help how I can and
as time allows.

Ken

This mail sent via toadmail.com, web e-mail @ ToadNet - want to go fast?
http://www.toadmail.com