Packages that need to be resolved.

Jonathan C. Sitte yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Mar 4 08:49:01 2003

Packages that need to be resolved.

I was thinking to myself "What packages would I like to see for YDL?" and thought of just a few of many that I could think of. For one thing I know that there is a flash plugin for ppc that is not very good but at least there is one. If we could all contact macromedia to help us get a later version of source that would really be nice. That should really be in the unstable section if we do have one soon. Another one would be mplayer. I have that already made in rpm and srpm form. As for the mplayergui that is another issue. I have it made but I think it is my lack of DRI for my Radeon M6 LY on my powerbook G4. Lets see here. I do not have the time for games much but when I am in the mood it would be nice to have already made rpms that I can install by apt-get install quakeforge or whatever I can think of. Some games off the top of my head are freecraft, liquidwar, frozenbubble and pingus. There are a ton more out there that would be fun to add. This does not stop here. There are allot of mutlimedia packages that would be nice to add such as audacity. I have cinepaint aka filmgimp already built for YDL in rpm and srpm format. We should add allot more gimp addons and such to flush out that part too. Lets see. I have talked to a couple of people that liked xine allot so that should really be added. For you gutella users out there I do know that the one available from apt is very old. There is allot to list in the future. I do not want to hog all the attention here. What do you all think should be either added or resolved?

Keep the thread clean and reply at the bottom!

http://www.linuxmail.org/