Netatalk Problems ::HELP::

hotFusion yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Mar 8 17:22:01 2003

--Apple-Mail-2-142845742

I believe it's a 32 character limit, as opposed to 8.  MS-DOS formated=20=

partitions have an 8 character limit however.
On Saturday, March 8, 2003, at 01:48  AM, stein-giessen@t-online.de=20
wrote:

> Michael Graham schrieb:
>> Why would I be getting an Error type =AD50 when trying to
>> copy files to my
>> server? It=B9s pretty inconsistent, and then when I try and
>> delete whatever
>> data may have gotten there, I get an Error type =AD43??
>
> Are you using hfs filesystem?
> In this case try to rename files you would like to copy to your =
server.
> Filenames with more than 8 character can=B4t copy, I find out.
>
> Sorry for my broken english!
>>

>> Any ideas??
>>
>> -Michael
>>
>> Error:
>> http://www.kiron-design.com/~mgraham/images/error.gif

--Apple-Mail-2-142845742

I believe it's a 32 character limit, as opposed to 8.  MS-DOS formated
partitions have an 8 character limit however.

On Saturday, March 8, 2003, at 01:48  AM, stein-giessen@t-online.de
<excerpt>Why would I be getting an Error type

copy files to my

server? It=B9s pretty inconsistent, and then when I try and

delete whatever

data may have gotten there, I get an Error type =AD43??

Are you using hfs filesystem?=20

In this case try to rename files you would like to copy to your server.

Filenames with more than 8 character can=B4t copy, I find out.

Sorry for my broken english!=20

<excerpt>