what do you do with YDL?

Jim Robinson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Mar 10 08:13:08 2003

--------------AA98B03BEB6C41292EC56196

What I mean is that the cpu doesn't need a huge heat sink with a huge fan on top
of it. When I was looking for boards, I could only find cpu cards that took up 2
vme slots because of cooling. The PPC cards took up only 1 slot and didn't need
the added cooling. It just looks like the PPC is a better chip when it come to
power consumption and heat.. That's all.....
It is only my 2 cents....

Jim

Steve wrote:

> Do you mean that the PPC wastes more power and creates more heat vs. an x86
> or vice versa?
>
> - Steve

begin:vcard
n:Robinson;James
tel;fax:716-631-7849
tel;work:716-631-4538
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.sierra-idt.com
org:Sierra Research. An Integrated Defense Technologies Company;Avionics CFT
adr:;;485 Cayuga Rd.;Buffalo;New York;14225-0222;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:jrobinson@sierra-idt.com
title:Avonics Development Team Coordinator
fn:James Robinson
end:vcard

--------------AA98B03BEB6C41292EC56196--