Mini distro (Was: Re: old dogs...new tricks?)

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Mar 16 10:23:01 2003

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, Andrew Stout wrote:
> if my hardware will run OS X, I'm unlikely to be looking for a linux to
>put on it anyway.

 This is fine, but IMO, I don't think people with these thoughts are TSS's
bread and butter. The people that they should be looking at are the people
who want or *need* Linux. The weekend hobbiest isn't really likely to
spend $ on the distro and TSS is a company looking for sales.

 FWIW, I've have a 12" Powerbook that I'm stuck running OS X on, and while
some things about OS X I'm starting to dislike a bit less, other things
are becoming more annoying by the day. Almost to the point that I hardly
turn the thing on because I can walk over to my desktop machine (which
runs YDL only) and get the job done much faster. Every day, I go to the
YDL website hoping to find news about 3.0 release so that I can have a
useable OS on my Powerbook.

Cheers,

Chris

--