Mini distro (Was: Re: old dogs...new tricks?)

Andrew Stout yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Mar 16 09:53:01 2003

He makes a good point, from a business perspective.  However, when I go
looking for a linux distro for my brand new hardware, I'm likely to
look first to a distro that's worked 'out of the box' so to speak on
all the other hardware I've tried it on, some of which is likely to be
the target of a "mini distro" aimed at OldWorld hardware.
And (please don't let this start a flame war, I'm just stating a
personal inclination) if my hardware will run OS X, I'm unlikely to be
looking for a linux to put on it anyway.  And if I do decide I want
Linux on my TiBook (in addition to or instead of OS X), I'm likely to
look to the distro which worked for my Wallstreet and my old junk.

my 2c...

--Andrew