Mozilla 1.3 GNU Linux/PPC

Neill Miller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Mar 16 14:23:10 2003

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003 11:57:03 -0500
Patrick Smith <patsmith@pobox.com> wrote:

Hello,

> Neill Miller wrote:
> > Announcing Mozilla 1.3 for GNU Linux/PowerPC provided by Matt
> > Christian.
> >
> > gcc -v:    gcc version 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease)
>
> It seems 1.3 can be built with gcc 3.x for PPC.  At least, I built it
> with gcc 2.3.2 yesterday, and am using the result to send this
> email...

Yes, that's correct.

There are a few Mozilla build consideration that we've taken note of,
and the most important one is to build a version that as many people as
possible can run.  Some of us have builds with gcc 2.3.x and Xft
support, etc.  Unfortunately, there are glibc compatibility issues with
these builds, so due to disk space limitations on our hosting sites, we
don't offer them.  I guess the idea is that anyone who knows enough
about feature X of Mozilla will probably have better luck building it
then someone that just wants a browser to work ;-)

Best regards,
-Neill.

--
http://www.thecodefactory.org/neillm