Getting 3.0 now?

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 21 10:42:01 2003

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, "Jonathan C. Sitte" wrote:
> btate@esynesis.net wrote:
> > If anyone actually has 3.0 would you consider setting up a small ftp server for others like
myself
> > (I'm waiting to buy the geek set) to download it from?  For instance once I get the disk from
> > someone I'll open an anon ftp service on my server temporarily (until the main servers are
public)
> > (and only let 3-4 people in at a time for fast downloads)...If enough of us did this, at least
> those
> > on the list could get it in now. Another alternative would be p2p software.  I'm only so anxious
> > because 2.3 sucks on an iBook2, to the point it is not really useable.
> >
> > Just a thought,
>
> Seems like a good idea but is it good for Yellow Dog?

They get another person with their software installed...I also happen to be a part-time programmer
(currently CS student) who has offered my services to the YDL community, so they would also get a
"more happy" developer with more time to start working.  Plus I'm not going to get a subscription...
> Don't you want to
> support them? Why don't you get the YDL.net?

As I pointed out, I will BUY it, I just don't want to pay that much (I don't need all the extras).

> Just a thought.
>
> jcsitte

Bryce