Installing YDL on PC-partitioned HD

Jim Parks yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Mar 22 15:32:01 2003

Had an interesting experience today.  I replaced a defective hard drive in
an iMac DV with another drive I had lying around.

Did an install from YDL 3.0 install CD's, and everything went fine, BUT, now
it won't boot from the HD.  I can boot from the CD using:

linux rescue root=/dev/hda2

and everything works OK, but I can't run pdisk.  fdisk works fine, and shows
/dev/hda1 as bootable (this is the Apple boot partition).

Just wondering if there is any way to fix this situation without doing a
complete reinstall (after initializing the drive for Apple).

JP