3.0 ISO Ripoff

Jim Parks yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Mar 23 07:23:01 2003

> I'm talking about offering to send you CDs and putting up new servers and
> increasing our bandwidth by 6 fold to try to make people happy. I'm
> frankly not sure what more we can do.

Dan -- I think you guys have done everything you could after the fact to
remedy the situation.  Just a little more preparation might have made this
whole process go more smoothly.

I've always had a problem being a non-volunteer beta tester.  If you guys
had said, "hey, we've got this new service, YDL.net Enhanced, and if you're
willing to help us beta test it, we'll let you sign up right now, otherwise,
you should wait," I would probably have signed up anyway and taken my
chances and been a lot more tolerant about problems.  BUT, when it is
presented as a ready product, I think I should be able to whip out my credit
card, buy it, and have it work.

I'm sure that by the time YDL 3.1 is out, you guys will have worked out the
kinks.  I'm happy that enough people are supporting YDL that you have a
bandwidth problem.

> With regard Airport Extreme, we say its not supported on our hardware
> page.

And I'm fine with that.  I wasn't being sarcastic when I said "non-existent
Airport Extreme drivers".  I understand that someone has to write the driver
before you can include it in your distro.  But I can't find anywhere on
yellowdoglinux.com where Airport Extreme is mentioned at all.  A search of
YDL from your support page finds no references to "airport extreme" anywhere
on your site, and I can't find it on:

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/hardware/breakdown/powerbook.shtml

But that's OK.  I know this is new hardware and I really don't mean to ride
you about this.  I just meant to ride you about the downloads. :)