/bin/login: error while loading share libraries: libpam.so.0

Kenneth Letendre yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Mar 25 13:28:01 2003

Hello,

   I've just installed the YDL "Internet/Intranet Server" package on a
Power Mac 7300/180.  When I select Linux from BootX, the boot seems to
proceed OK except for this error message:

/usr/sbin/sshd: error while loading shared libraries: libpam.so.0: cannot
open shared object file: No such object or directory

   The boot then completes, and I arrive at the login: prompt. When I enter
my username and hit enter, the following error flashes momentarily:

/bin/login: error while loading shared libraries: libpam.so.0: cannot open

   Then I'm returned to the login: prompt to repeat the above as many times
as I like.  Has anyone else seen this problem?  How can I get this library
where it needs to be if I can't get past my login prompt?

Kenneth