Need an advice

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Mar 25 13:46:01 2003

I've been running ydl 2.3 on my ibook2 for the last year or so, and I 've
had good luck with it.

5) Will the combo drive run properly?
I've had no problems with it.  Its burned and read everything I'v tried.

Modem is going to be a bit tricky.  I've never used the modem in my ibook.
 I've heard that the modem is a software kinda deal, which means no love.
You'll have to dig around a bit, but this may be sticky.

The only thing I can say about this machine is that it was never fast.  I
got it brand new, and it was never fast (I have the 600mhz g3).  Its run
openoffice/couple copies of mozilla(I use the whole suite mail/news/web)
and there are times where I wish I had the g4.

Thats all I can say, the hardware works great (even better if you try the
benh kernels), its a stable and dependable tool and I'll probably be
running around with my ibook for the next two years.