hardware

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Mar 26 12:39:00 2003

I have some experience with one out of three:

At 11:16 -0800 on 2003-3-26 johnd wrote:

 > Will I be able to use my airport?

Airport yes, airport extreme no chance.

My airport card is very happy under YDL, it declares itself as doing
802.11-DS.  That was a turn-off until I realized that, joy, it
actually does 802.11b, i.e., communicates at full 11Mb/s without any
problem, and even with a non-airport peer (tested with a Linksys WET
11 wireless-to-ethernet bridge).

Of course, airport extreme does 802.11g which nobody knows how it
looks.  In fact, I believe it is not even a standard yet, just a
proposal.  So an airpors extreme card has no chance of working at
anything larger than 0 (i.e., ZERO) Mb/s.

Hope this helps,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.