strange bug in YDL 3.0

Erol YILDIZ yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 27 03:53:01 2003

Hi,

When I install YDL 3.0 choosing "Personal Desktop" after the installation
finishes and when I log into KDE and try to start Mozilla, it tries to load
Mozilla for a moment and can not run Mozilla. Also there is a big
performance problem when you try to run Openoffice applications. When you
click on any Openoffice application it takes approximately 30-40 sec to run
it.

I tried this both on an iMac Green and a iBook2. Same problem.

But, when I install YDL 3.0 choosing "Personal Desktop" and a few steps
later it asks if you would like to edit this selection and add "Gnome",
there is no problem. It works quiet fine. And also in custom selections it
acts differently like I described in two cases above which I couldn't solve.

regards..

--
Erol YILDIZ
HEV KIO IT Dep.