strange bug in YDL 3.0

Markus Deistler yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 27 16:00:01 2003

On 27.03.2003 at 11:53 Erol YILDIZ wrote:

> finishes and when I log into KDE and try to start Mozilla, it tries to lo=
ad
> Mozilla for a moment and can not run Mozilla. Also there is a big

I guess you do a graphical login and start Mozilla from a menu, applet-icon
etc.? To get some error message I usually open a terminal (xterm, KDE's
konsole, etc.) and start Mozilla by typing

'mozilla' <return>=20
=20
or

'mozilla-bin' <return>

at the bash prompt. Then you may see a useful error-message in your termina=
if something is missing (most likely a library) for Mozilla to run

or ...
=20
if Mozilla really starts that way just your applet or menu settings are
broken.

BTW: If you log into KDE 3.1 I would recommend using Konqueror as a
webbrowser. With KDE 3.0.x Konqueror wasn't yet a match for Mozilla or
Galeon, but things have changed (Apple's "Safari" is also based on
Konqueror's html-rendering engine).

Cheers, Markus

-- =20
|MARKUS DEISTLER                        msdeistler@freenet.de |
|KRIEMHILDSTR. 18, 90461 N=DCRNBERG,     MOBIL -> 0162/6906779  |
|                                        TEL -> 0911/4099232  |