Syncing system time

Rob Brandt yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 27 12:46:01 2003

Hello;

Can someone give me a step-by-step guide for getting times synchonized on my
server?  I'm not talking about syncing with a time server; I'm talking about all
of my applications, mostly web applications, reporting the correct time (zone).

I thought I had it working great, particularly my email system (Horde/imp) was
showing the dates of my emails correctly.  But several people had told me that
my time stamps are about 8 hours off (I'm PST).  I thought it would be as easy
as setting my server time to Greenwich mean time, and that may show my tim
ecorrectly to other people, but my own applications are showing me times as GMT.
 I'm getting myself really confused :P

Rob