Black Magick (was: rant)

Beartooth yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 27 21:01:01 2003

	I am stunned. Flabbergasted. Discumbobulated. Made one with
Nineveh and Tyre.

	Charlie, is that you? EarlP? Nat? Marta? Both? Ddave? JimF??
Victor?? DaveA?

	Whoever you are, what are you doing on *this* list? And what
makes me worthy of such a work of genius?? (Tossed off in an hour, too!
Bilde, Kuenstler, rede nicht! said the old man, and also Hic Rhodus, hic
salta! specifically of the Gelegenheitsgedicht.)

	Not a Master of the Game but would envy you your touch, blending
irony with self-parody, breeding fleurs-de-lis out of the dead words;
aye, you have the mark of the true artist that Josiah Amberley lacked,
to his great cost. Truly a Game with black beads, as the maker of
another bead game dedicated a copy to the maker of Masters, whom to the
Nobel committee he dubbed the Swabian Nightingale ...

	Come to my arms, my beamish soul! Whomever you veil behind that
eschatological (dis)cognomen, which I cannot forbear to explicate, the
mere attention of such a mind flatters me outta my ever-lovin' gourd!
Messenger, surely -- simply out of the Isles of the Uttermost West (with
multiple puns in German and Finnish, of course)? Or is there balm in
Gilead, deeper meaning in "Kahleani"? I have not all languages, nor was
meant to have ..

	Be thou friend, former student, soulmate or chance encounter
amid the endless electrons, merely messenger thou never wert, winged or
not, but Servant of the Emerald Wall -- aye indeed of the Servants of
Mind ...

	Rarely have I seen such wordplay amid the long defeat. Blessed
be thou among epistolaries, and may both cultures bow down before thee!
My house is thine, my hearth and my cellar, my bed and my board at thy
service; may all thy imperatives be territorial, all thy essays confer
tickets to wherever it is in the Night Country!

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Angela Kahealani wrote:

> I would suggest that the probability of actually experiencing
> as "fun" the negative consequences of negative creation
> approaches nil for all those but the masochistic. For a much
> more fun creation, may I recommend intending that the
> manufacturer sees the light, fixes the problems, and issues
> a free factory recall / upgrade?

	Oh virtue, oh righteousness! Verily, thy abundance floweth over,
and spilleth all over thy suit, and cleaners and pressers shall follow
thee all the days of thy life.

> The combination of asserting that you have been victimized,
> followed by further self victimization through self-disempowerment
> with the assertion that you need to enlist the assistance of
> a wizard to help you implement black magic in order to
> accomplish the victimization of your victimizer, is all just a
> self-indulgent wallowing in self pity and the righteous
> indignation one is enabled to assert against "the victimizer".

	Such dissertations leave roast pig in the shade, if not in
ashes! I am the thy cow, O Enlightened One.

> You could choose to learn the lesson from OTHER people's
> experience so well expressed in: "What goes around, comes around."
> Or, with such great dedication you show to the victimization game,
> you can proceed to deeply enter the realm of negative karma,
> until the lesson is inescapably in your face in your own direct
> experience.

	Verily we have taught and we have jested together in some grove
of academe, long ago and far away -- where indeed is the smoke of the
dead wood burning, the helm and the hauberk, and the bright hair
flowing? Long may we reap together! Thy rede and thy stuff, they comfort
me.

> Me, I enlighten and empower... so I enlighten you to the facts of the
> operation of karma, and empower you to cease being a victim, or a
> victimizer, by reminding you that IN FACT, YOU ARE a wizard youself,
> and that you could apply your skill and energy into creating for
> yourself and those in your life a better and more fun reality than
> "let's play the victim game" that you've already created with your
> wizard powers.

	Me, I just drive an old gray car with license plates saying
SHDWFX, and speak softly while carrying a long stick ...

> On the other hand, direct and immediate application of: "Fool me once,
> shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me" combined with the
> POSSIBILITY that your target really IS a victimizer in the collective
> reality as well as in your personally created reality, would indicate
> that you indeed give them not one penny more, and walk away with the
> lesson for the investment of your $, and get on with supporting
> manufacturers and vendors who do in fact operate with integrity and
> ethics. In that case, thanks for the heads-up!

	See my reply to the discovery that linksys owns the other
outfit: reason is a frail reed, but the best we have, says the writer of
strangers and brothers in his wisdom ...

> How about D-Link?

	I have to go to (and want to go) to the Mountains upon the
Sabbath; but I'll look into it upon return. And I thank you yet again.
Blessed be thou among computers.

--
Beartooth the Stubborn <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
Double Retiree, Neo-Redneck, Linuxer's Apprentice