Home broadband/wireless router suggestions...

Rick Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 28 11:07:01 2003

I have a cable modem connection to my home.

I use a wireless broadband-router/NAT-box from SMC to distribute service
to my home network.  It does everything I need.

Behind it, I run a small family website on YDL 2.2 (with a tiny [one
port, not port 80] hole punched thru the firewall for HTTP, and another
one for SSH.  I have Macs running OS9, OS-X, YDLv2.2, YDLv3.0, and a
lone PC running Windows/2000.  All are happy campers.

SMC kit is a tiny bit more pricey than Linksys, but it works.

I use ServerCentral (www.servercentral.net) for DNS service and mail and
web forwarding.  Again, not the absolute cheapest solution, but it "just works".

Peace and Love,

Rick