YDL [not OSX] with linksys -- more specifics

Beartooth yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 28 09:29:01 2003

	Having failed with netconfig, I thought to cd first, in case
being in the directory the site had put me into might be the problem.
Nope. Same results.

	So I tried the next step anyway: cp ifcfg-eth0 ifcfg-eth1. Now
of course I got "cp: cannot stat `ifcfg-eth0': no such file or
directory. I was in the wrong directory, and switched back to the one I
was supposed to be in. Now it asks "cp: overwrite `ifcfg-eth1'?

	If I tell it n, it puts me back to the prompt, having
(apparently) done nothing -- at least, neither appended nor created a
default eth1.1 or some such.

	So how do I tell whether i do want to overwrite eth1, or create
an eth2? And what else will have to change if I do the latter?

	Fwiw "file ifcfg-eth1" tells me it's ascii text. Pico ifcfg-eth1
shows:
======================
NAME='localhost'
DEVICE='eth1'
IPADDR='192.168.1.1'
BOOTPROTO='dhcp'
ONBOOT='yes'
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
TYPE='Ethernet'
USERCTL='yes'
--
Beartooth the Stubborn <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
Double Retiree, Neo-Redneck, Linuxer's Apprentice